Play It SafeHydropower & You Home
Reservoir and River Safety
PG&E’s hydropower system includes over 100 reservoirs, many of which have areas for swimming, boating and fishing. While enjoying water sports in these reservoirs or anywhere else, always follow these safety tips:
- Obey warning signs and restrictive buoys when swimming or boating.
- Swim only in marked areas, and NEVER swim alone.
- Check the water before you go in—it might be colder than you expect.
- Don’t dive or jump into unfamiliar water: shallow water or submerged trees or rocks could case serious injury.
- Be alert for swift flows that can create dangerous currents.
- Always wear your lifejacket when boating.
- Know your family’s signal to get out of the water at a moment’s notice.